It has started, the cold winds and freezing winter sans snow and ironically am loving it coz it gives me the luxury of getting toasted in the warmth of the heater.It is this time of the year when I can dramatically gape when the temperature drops below 5 degree Celsius and discuss about the weather at office .I can strut in those lovely winter coats and sweaters matched with the same dusty jean recycled for 5 days a month with washing duty reduced drastically.
Honestly..I know not how December has whizzed past in a blur..I have been having an uninvited guest- Mr.Jerry visiting my clothes rack and the puja room so often and successfully dodging the attempts of revengeful murder.Every time he pays a visit to my clothes rack, I scream in a high pitched octave that he scuttles away only to visit again on another unsuspecting occasion.(Point to be noted:I relocated the clothes to a different rack and STILL he follows the clothes!) When he visits the puja FIL, MIL and I strategically position ourselves :one to remove the breakables from the scene of attack, one to nudge Mr.Jerry from his safe corner and one to hit him with the rod .We have attempted revenge umpteen number of times.Yet no luck till date. Every day I ask GOD why my cupboard and especially my shelf and suffer from nightmares of Jerry wetting my clothes and Jerry imagining that my cupboard is his loo.
Work kept me pretty busy..It has been the first time I had brought work back home due to a deadline pressure.No twosome outing with the partner this month!!(Puppy dog face-sad look) but had watched some lovely movies like the ‘Lion king’ and the ‘Problem Child’ on television. We had a family lunch out for Christmas and New year, made an orange marmalade cake and this yum Mushroom-Paneer dish which has been christened as a ‘Master Chef Winner’of the year.It is a year since I had given up Non-veg and am not yet complaining. There was a team outing organized at work place for a day at a resort near rural Haryana and it was real fun!!There were lots of first for me: sights of village men in a circle around a hookah playing cards and fields of mustard and cauliflower; a tractor ride,camel ride and a bullock cart ride; pot making session and a treasure hunt game;photo sessions infront of a tent house, wooden cottage, mud house and one of the best times with the gang of girls at office.
‘Master Chef Winner’of the year reciepe:
Paneer -200 g
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tea spoon
Pepper powder – 1 tea spoon
Garam masala – 1 tea spoon
Sesame seed – 2 tea spoon
Soya sauce – 1 tea spoon
Lemon juice – 2 tea spoon
Spring onion, oil, salt – to taste
– Dice the paneer and mushroom to small pieces.
– Allow it to marinate for 15 minutes to half an hour in a mixture of ginger garlic paste, salt, pepper powder and lemon juice.
– Generously ladle vegetable oil in the frying pan and let it heat in medium flame for 2 mins. ( Just to raise the temperature of the oil)
– Roast the sesame seeds in the oil into a thin light brown color and garam masala to the fry pan and saute the mixture.
– Add the marinated paneer- mushroom mix saute in high flame till the water content of the paneer and mushroom comes done to a reasonable level.
– After 2 minutes add soya sauce and garnish with spring onions.
– Serve hot.
Achievement of this month: I have successfully overtaken the partner in ‘Temple Run’ !! Before he captures back his lead am going to hit the publish button of this post and celebrate the few hours of victory!
Good bye my people and will be coming around soon with new year post next year.. I do not believe in resolutions these days..
– I do not seem to be putting down unneccesary fat accumlated in the waist region and with the hot bhajis and cakes in this winter it seems simply unachievable. I might quote some other reason next year.
– With fellow bloggers putting up interesting posts I simply cannot resist logging into wordpress before opening the office mail box and I cannot take vain resolutions of sincerity at work place.
– The books I have bought for goverment exams have gathered dust and there is no motivating factor for reading till date. Is it really possible that I can be one among millions to get into the coveted post!
Life has been good this year. Am grateful to the Almighty!Signing off again with this wonderful quote I came across in Facebook and a lil peacock telling good bye to 2013.
When I got enough confidence, the stage was gone.. When I was sure of losing, I won.. When I needed people the most, they left me.. When I learnt to dry my tears, I found a shoulder to cry on. When I mastered the skill of hating, Someone started loving me from the core of the heart.. & While waiting for light for hours when I fell asleep, the sun came out.. That’s LIFE !! No matter what u plan u never know what life has planned for u.. “Success introduces you to the world, But Failure introduces the world to you ..” – Always be Happy !!